Zadejte e-mail pro zasílání aktualit
Pro registraci Vašeho e-mailu Vám bude zaslán aktivační e-mail. Řiďte se jeho instrukcemi.
Přidat vlastní novinku

Letohrad
Destinační společnost Východní Čechy
Orlické hory a podorlicko
Sdružení obcí Orlicko
Království Orlice


Najdete nás také na:
Facebook

Putování po historických městech Čech, Moravy a Slezska
The Marian plague column was constructed in pure baroque style under Earl Joachym Harrach, by the architect Antonín Appeller of Litomyšl, as thanks for the town’s avoidance of the plague. The foundation stone was laid in 1717 and the sculptural group was ceremonially consecrated in 1725. Sandstone from the Mladějov quarry located close to nearby Moravská Třebová was used on the structure. The plague column is 15 metres high. It is decorated with statues of St. Charles Boromejský (the patron saint of protection against plague), St. Florian (patron saint of firefighters), St. Rochus (protector of livestock) and St. Sebastian (protector against illness). The balustrade contains angels depicted as linkboys, on the lower supporting level are reliefs from the life of the Virgin Mary. The eastern side of the column contains the coat of arms of Earl Harrach, who partly financed the structure. The entire sculptural group is completed with a gilded statue of the Virgin Mary, which guards and protects the town beneath her feet.


The plague column was restored in the years 1994 – 1995.
Kulturní centrum Letohrad

Václavské nám. 77

561 51 Letohrad

IČO: 70964891

tel.: 465 622 092

e-maily: info@letohrad.eu, muzeum@letohrad.eu, kultura@letohrad.eu, knihovna@letohrad.cz


Ředitel:
Jaroslav Moravec
tel.: 465 622 255
e-mail: jaroslav.moravec@letohrad.eu

Dnes je

Svátek má :

Z naší fotogalerie

Radnice Zámek