Zadejte e-mail pro zasílání aktualit
Pro registraci Vašeho e-mailu Vám bude zaslán aktivační e-mail. Řiďte se jeho instrukcemi.
Přidat vlastní novinku

Letohrad
Destinační společnost Východní Čechy
Orlické hory a podorlicko
Sdružení obcí Orlicko
Království Orlice


Najdete nás také na:
Facebook

Putování po historických městech Čech, Moravy a Slezska

The baroque parish church of St. Wenceslas is the most attractive architectural decoration of the town. It stands in close proximity to the chateau, with its monumentally wide and high frontal façade facing the town square. The church was constructed by Earl Hynek Jetřich Vitanovský of Vlčkovice in the years 1680-1685. It is decorated with unique stuccos by the Italian master Giovanni Maderna.

Some history of the church...


The massive baroque structure, with its impressive appearance and external decorations entices visitors to investigate the interior of the church. There are five entrances to the church from the town square. The central three doors lead to the actual church, the left to the sacristy and the right to the fraternal chapel, named after the Marian Brotherhood founded by Vitanovský in 1665 at the chapel in Orlice. The Brotherhood was later relocated to Kyšperk. The multi-level frontal façade of the chapel is divided by a row of pillars finished with a tabular wing with volutes. The coat of arms of the estate of Earl Vitanovský is embedded in the upper section of the exterior façade – in the right section of the crest is the ploughshare of the house of Vitanovský, in the left section a Czech lion with gold star. This was added to the Vitanovský coat of arms in 1661, when he was raised to the status of Earl in 1661 by emperor Leopold I, and was permitted to add these attributes to the coat of arms.

In order to prevent direct sunlight from disturbing the concentration of congregations in their contemplation of God inside the church, the church windows are situated as high as possible in accordance with the custom of baroque style. In the church everyone should be freed of all worldly cares. The interior decorations, in particular the vaulting, impress all visitors with their beauty and intricacy. The style is founded on the principle that the entire world and all creation is to the glory of God. The vaulting of the nave and presbytery contains figures of four evangelists and four prophets, in a triumphal arc a scene of angels adoring the Madonna and reliefs of the coats of arms of the owners of the Kyšperk estate, Earl H. J. Vitanovský (right) and Countess J. M. Vitanovská, née Hrzánová of Harasov (left), outside of the arc reliefs of Faith, Hope and Love, in the presbytery angels with symbols of the four cardinal virtues – Prudence, Justice, Courage and Temperance. The furnishings of the chapels are almost entirely unified, rococo furnishings from the years 1783 - 86 by the sculptor Hynek Tomášek of Jedlová na Moravě, the carpenter J. J. Schofr of Králíky and the restorer František Jeschk of Litomyšl. The main altar is a column structure with life size statues of St. Vojtěch and Prokop. The main altar painting of the death of St. Wenceslas from 1785 is by the academic painter Christian Sambach, the head of the painting academy in Vienna. The extension of the main altar bears a painting of St. Ludmila by an unknown author from the 2nd half of the 19th century. The side altars from 1786 contain paintings of the Holy family (epistle side) and St. John of Nepomuk (evangelical side) by the local academic painter Jan Umlauf. In 1894 they replaced the original paintings by Antonín Regnard, who painted them according to the masters by Petr Brandl. The main nave also contains side altars – the Virgin Mary in Bereavement and Ecce Homo. The pulpit is from 1786, bearing a statue of St. John the Baptist. The painting in the nave depicting Christ dining with his disciples in Emauz dates from the 1770s and is probably the work of Antonín Regnard, or a pupil of Brandl’s school. The baroque painting of the Birth of our Lord from 1725 is according to one version the work of Antonín Regnard, according to another that of Jakub Kratochvíl, and was restored in 1836 by the painter Josef Müller of Žamberk, later (in 1879) by Jan Umlauf. The sandstone font is a baroque work from the 1740s, the lid is decorated by a gilded wood sculpture of St. John the Baptist from later years.


The organ was made in 1774 in the workshop of J. I. Strejsl of Králíky, and renovated in 1796 by František Janota of Jaroměř. In 1897 the Prague organ maker Šimon Petr exchanged the original baroque pipes for new ones, which caused the organ to lose its corresponding value. The cost for this exchange at this time was 2070 florins. The stations of the cross originates from 1902 from the Müller company in Innsbruck, made of terracotta for the then price of 2979 crowns.

The nave of the chapel on the right side houses the imperial tomb of Countess Terezie Marcolini – Feretti dating from 1834, with a commemorative plaque on the wall, in the text of which the then owner of the estate Countess Anna Stubenberg recalls her parents, buried in the tomb in Častohostice near Nové Syrovice na Moravě. Beneath the chapel is a crypt, first used for the burial of Hynek Jetřich Earl Vitanovský of Vlčkovice in 1681 and last used for the burial of Countess Terezie Nimptsch, née Marcolini – Feretti in 1875.


On 1 April 1726 permission was given for the relocation of the rectory, which had previously been in Lukavice, to Kyšperk, and the chapel was declared a parish church, which it remains to this day. On 15 June of the same year the Corpus Christi festival on St. Vitus day was brought from Lukavice to Kyšperk by the rector Jan Mlejnek, a native of Výprachtice, who became the first rector in Kyšperk.

During World War I two bells were requisitioned for the purposes of the war effort on 4 December 1916. One day before this, on the first Sunday of advent, the bells were rung for the last time from 4 to 5 in the afternoon. The replacement bells which were acquired were taken on 7 April 1942 for the war effort during World War II. The bells were also rung as a farewell in the early evening of that day.
On 28 September 1924 a monument was unveiled by the belfry to the writer and national revivalist František Vladislav Hek, the hero of the novel by Master Alois Jirásek F. L. Věk, who died in Kyšperk on 4 September 1847.

Commemorative documents dating from 1748, 1824, 1859 and 1934 are stored in the cupola of the church spire.
Kulturní centrum Letohrad

Václavské nám. 77

561 51 Letohrad

IČO: 70964891

tel.: 465 622 092

e-maily: info@letohrad.eu, muzeum@letohrad.eu, kultura@letohrad.eu, knihovna@letohrad.cz


Ředitel:
Jaroslav Moravec
tel.: 465 622 255
e-mail: jaroslav.moravec@letohrad.eu

Dnes je

Svátek má :

Z naší fotogalerie

Radnice Zámek