Zadejte e-mail pro zasílání aktualit
Pro registraci Vašeho e-mailu Vám bude zaslán aktivační e-mail. Řiďte se jeho instrukcemi.
Přidat vlastní novinku

Letohrad
Destinační společnost Východní Čechy
Orlické hory a podorlicko
Sdružení obcí Orlicko
Království Orlice


Najdete nás také na:
Facebook

Putování po historických městech Čech, Moravy a Slezska

• 1292
First mention of the district of Kunčice in connection with its donation, together with other districts to the Zbraslav monastery by King Wenceslas II.

• 1308
The Kyšperk and Žampach castle is written into history as a rocky bandit’s fortification in the period of the weak and gloomy reign of King Jindřich Korutanský. Jeniš of Kyšperk and Petr of Žampach, together with other of their neighbours pillage and persecute the neighbouring Lanšperk estate and the property of the Zbraslav monastery. As a result the monastery chooses to pay ransom of the amount of the annual rent of the entire estate, which is 300 hřiven (approx. 63 kilograms of silver).

• 1361
First mention of the fortress and the owners of the Orlice estate. During this period a rectory and church are already established in Orlice, to which Mistrovice belongs.

• 1415
2nd September – the magnates, lords and nobles compiled a letter of complaint at the assembly of the Kingdom of Bohemia and Moravian Margraviate, which they sent to the charnel house council, protesting against the burning at the stake of Master Jan Hus. The letter also bore the seal of Mikuláš Žampach of Potštejn, lord of Kyšperk.

• 1467
Following the first fraternal synod in Lhotka u Rychnova, the rectory of the Unity of the Brethren was established in Orlice. From this period, the original bells from 1498 and 1497 still exist to this day in the churches in Orlice and Kunčice.

• 1513
First written mention of town of Kyšperk.

• 1546
Zdeněk Žampach, lord of Kyšperk, grants his subjects the right of bona vacantia. “To have the right to govern their estates and assets in accordance with their wishes, and to bequeath these assets to their descendants or relatives”.

• 1554
The single-floor renaissance fortress on the town square dates from this year.

• 1565
Sale of Orlice estate. Burjan Strachota of Kralovice sells the estate to the Suda family of Řeneč.

• 1576
Town hall constructed on town square (on site of land plot 56).

• 1577
City permitted to hold weekly markets and two jubilee markets.

• 1586
First reports of functioning of town council. The council was also the city court. The first capital sentence also dates from this year.

• 1614
First reports of school. Rector Martin obtained a stipend of 15 groschen per annual quarter.

• 1617
Municipal accounts contain items on income from boneyard, meaning that the town had its own executioner. The town had a water conduit and wooden fountain on the town square. One of the aldermen was responsible for supervision of the water supply, for which he obtained the annual remuneration of sixty groschen.

• 1628
Establishment of pheasantry, one of the first in Bohemia.

• 1629
City justice interrogated prisoner concerning religious conviction, who endured two hearings (i.e. was twice tortured) and burned, but nevertheless remained silent. The town council attributed guilt to the incompetence of the executioner, who was sacked, and Ota of Operštorf from Dub on Častolovice loaned Kyšperk his executioner.

• 1650
Owners of the Orlice estate, the married couple Adam Mikuláš Vitanovský and Dorota Anna Sudová of Řeneč purchase the Kyšperk estate, thus bringing about the permanent amalgamation of the two estates.

• 1660
Year of construction of the “justice” (gallows) beyond the town by the road to Písečná. Renewed in 1679, 1691, 1707 and later.

• 1670
Reconstruction of town hall and annexation of second floor with tower and clock.

• 1680
The single-floor fortress on the town square was reconstructed into a two-floor chateau. At the same time the church of St. Wenceslas was constructed, first of all as a chateau chapel, which since 1726 has served as a parish church. The native Vilém Hotmar, a customs official, had the chapel of the Madonna built beyond the town by the road to Šedivec. 

• 1680
Hynek Jetřich Vitanovský of Vlčkovice founded the crafts guilds, including acquisition of seals, books, chests and ensigns. There were six guilds: tailors, shoemakers, weavers, butchers, millers, to which the bakers, groats millers and gingerbread makers belonged.

• 1682
On the orders of Earl Hynek Jetřich Vitanovský a municipal hospice was built for 10 old and poor patients (on the site of land plot no. 42).

• 1685
Foundations of Kunčice church of St. Catherine laid.

• 1689
Local authority establishes Ovčín court in Kunčice, which in 1791 was dissolved, partitioned and sold to 10 new settlers.

• 1693
New stone whipping post set up on town square.

• 1705
Belfry added to the chapel of St. Wenceslas.

• 1708
Statue of the Son of God built by the footpath to Lukavice.

• 1709
Commencement of construction of the Orlice church of the Assumption of Our Lady. The construction was completed in 1711. A valuable stations of the cross, which was brought here from the Králíky monastery, was placed in this church.

• 1714
Statue of St. John of Nepomuk completed at the Orlice gate. At Kopeček Earl Norbert Leopold constructed the small chapel of St. John of Nepomuk.

• 1721
The Marian sculptural group was erected on the town square as thanks to God for protecting the town from the plague.

• 1723
Crate for bakers built on the town square.

• 1726
Rectory transferred from Lukavice to Kyšperk. Cemetery established by the church and the sculptural group of St. Anne constructed (now by church).

• 1734
Earl Jan Václav Breda constructed today’s chapel of St. John of Nepomuk on the site of the small chapel at Kopeček.

• 1750
Nový Dvůr reconstructed from wood into stone.

• 1765
Abolition of right of capital punishment in Kyšperk.

• 1766
Last execution performed in Kyšperk, of Josef Hanika of Klášterec nad Orlicí (for theft).

• 1778
Order issued for removal of gallows, whipping post and instruments of torture.

• 1779
22nd October – fire consumes town hall and another 25 burgher houses.

• 1790
School for the district of Orlice, Kunčice, Mistrovice and Šedivec established at land plot no. 69. The present school in Orlice was built in 1877, the school in Kunčice in 1879.

• 1802
Renewal of town hall following fire.

• 1824
3rd May – town ravaged by a second great fire. 53 residential houses with cowsheds, 9 barns, the municipal hospital, school, town hall, rectory and belfry were burned down.

• 1829
Completion of adjustments to chateau park.

• 1857
Wooden fountain in the lower part of the square replaced by sandstone fountain (now in chateau park).

• 1862
Establishment of post office.

• 1869
Local dean and vicar Antonín Buchtel purchased building on land plot no. 212, which he established as a shelter for poor citizens.

• 1874
Operation commences on the railway lines Chlumec - Kyšperk and Ústí nad Orlicí - Meziměstí.

• 1875
Fire brigade founded.

• 1884
In the upper part of the town square the wooden fountain was replaced by a sandstone fountain. The match factory was built in Kunčice by Jan Reilnelt.

• 1891
Fire brigade established in Kunčice.

• 1892
Establishment of branch of Sokol physical training institution.

• 1893
Construction of Louis-Weis textile factory completed in Orlice.

• 1895
School building for general school constructed

• 1896
Fire brigade established in Orlice.

• 1898
Amateur theatre players establish independent theatre collective Kolár, and gain permanent stage at Paleček’s inn, on land plot no. 151. 

• 1899
Sokol organisation provides civic library for public use.

• 1900
Fischl and Engel textile factory constructed in Kyšperk.

• 1901
Orlice – Kunčice dairy and farming co-operative founded, and construction of dairy in Orlice commenced.

• 1902
Foundation of “Savings and reserves collective for Kunčice and Orlice”, and later, in 1930, Kampelička built in Kunčice.

• 1904
Annexation of school building for civic school, with sports hall.

• 1909
Foundation of embroidery collective.

• 1910
Municipal authority moved to council house no. 5.

• 1913
23 barns and 1 house burned down on today’s Náměstí svobody square.

• 1919
Year of foundation of Czechoslovak Tourist Club and Czechoslovak Red Cross. Railwaymen’s housing construction co-operative “By our own strength” also founded.

• 1920
Orel physical training organisation established in Orlice, and later Orlovna gymnasium built in 1934.

• 1922
Partitioning of courts of Kyšperk and Orlice.

• 1923
Sokol organisation establishes on Sádka training ground – park adjustments. Town introduces electric lighting.

• 1925
Town museum opened and Kolár amateur dramatics collective builds theatre hall.

• 1927
City water supply built at a cost of 1.7 million Czechoslovak crowns.

• 1930
City paves main street, with a length of 2.3 km, at a cost of 2.2 million Czechoslovak crowns.

• 1931
Masaryk vocational school constructed at a cost of 2.2 million Czechoslovak crowns.

• 1939-45
World War II (13 local citizens did not return from concentration camps and 24 citizens were murdered for racial reasons).

• 1950
Amalgamation of districts of Kyšperk, Orlice, Kunčice and Rotnek under the joint name of Letohrad. Area of Rotnek renamed Červená.

• 1958
Stadium built in town by OEZ.

• 1969
House of culture completed and opened.

• 1973
Municipal baths established.

• 1981
New basic school constructed by House of culture.

• 1988
New healthcare centre opened in town.

• 1994
Commencement of most recent adjustments to chateau exteriors and interiors, as well as chateau park.

Some data cannot be precisely verified!

Kulturní centrum Letohrad

Václavské nám. 77

561 51 Letohrad

IČO: 70964891

tel.: 465 622 092

e-maily: info@letohrad.eu, muzeum@letohrad.eu, kultura@letohrad.eu, knihovna@letohrad.cz


Ředitel:
Jaroslav Moravec
tel.: 465 622 255
e-mail: jaroslav.moravec@letohrad.eu

Dnes je

Svátek má :

Z naší fotogalerie

Zámek Radnice